I consider myself a psycho-educator and counsellor.
My experience as a mental health specialist, lecturer, facilitator and presenter spans over a two decades and extends from classrooms to boardrooms.
Beginning as a teacher my aim was always to motivate and inspire students to learn and develop a love of learning. It was my own love of learning that led me to further education to become a psychotherapist and counsellor.
Working presently as a facilitator and presenter in the commercial sector, my successful Work for Wellness © programs have been used nationally by Australia’s largest Job Services Network agencies.
As a speaker I try to bring energy and a genuine, engaging style in the areas of:
- Stress management for professionals
- Motivation and inspiration for ‘on-purpose’ living
- Wellness at work (including CALD communities)
- Management of mental health issues
Qualifications and experience:
- Counsellor, Psychotherapist
- Lecturer, facilitator
Graduate Diploma in Psychology (Advanced) (2020)
Master of Learning and Development, USQ ( 2015 )
- Major in Career Counselling and Development/Lifelong Learning,
- Member CDAA (Career Development Association of Australia)
Master of Counselling, Monash University ( 2010),
- Member of ACA (Australian Counselling Association)
- Golden Key Honor Society membership
Graduate Diploma Education, NTU (now Charles Sturt University) ( 2004 )
Bachelor of Arts, University of Melbourne ( 1997 )
- BA (Psychology and Criminology)
Certificate in Hypnosis, Tad James (2015)
Cert IV TAE 40116, CBD College (2018)
- Negotiation Skills (1998)
- Moving Beyond Stress Certificate, Susan Grace, The Grace Institute, 2014
- Mindfulness Based CBT, Liana Taylor, 2012
- Public Speaking Workshops/member of Professional Speakers Associatioin, 2016
- Intro to Editing for Publishing, Writing for Editors: Basic, USQ 2013
- Yearly PD courses and seminars inc. grief and bereavement, CBT, Narrative Therapy, Mindfulness, Positive Psychology, R2 Profiler – strengths based approach; 2010 – 2016
Praise for Renee’s work...
“We have received glowing recommendations about the course, this is very positive feedback!”
Jessica Greville, Human Resources Manager, Ostara Australia Ltd
“I enjoyed all the sessions because it gave me a complete new outlook on life and who I am"
Women's Work for Wellness Program: Cheryl, participant
" Heard really great feedback after yesterday’s session and everyone loves Renee. She’s awesome! Those I spoke to agreed they felt really safe and comfortable to open up and talk."
Mindfit For Work program: Neva Candia , Training Coordinator and Team Support at Western Water
" I had a lightbulb moment where I realised that I used to be quite level headed, calm and “under react” in order to stay on top of my workload/supporting my colleagues etc.
In the past few months I have found myself around others who “over react” and I have started finding myself doing this a little bit too. This has likely been a cause for my increased my stress levels.
I am going to try getting back to being that leader who is calm and positive; and try not to get affected by any negativity around me"
Participant's feedback, Western Water
"What an amazing day where the attendees came in without too much knowledge of the purpose of what was in it for them. Great facilitation, an eye opening and light bulb moment filled day – well done Renee!!!"
complete new outlook on life and who I am.” Cheryl, participant Work for Wellness Progra complete new outlook on life and who I am.” Cheryl, participant Work for Wellness Program